June 29, 2015

Non-art courses every freelance artist should take

[Русская версия текста]

Hi everyone!

Just thought I'd share a few of the non-art courses I took in last couple of years,
each of them helped me tremendously in my freelance work.
Please feel free to suggest any courses that you took, if you think something is missing from the list!

1. "The Art of Freelancing" by Noah Bradley
Price: 57$  (Noah says it's OK to just pirate his course if you are too bad at freelancing yet, lol).
Time: 5-7 hours worth of video and audio, teacher's notes, extras.
Very good for emerging freelance artists, but should work for people in other fields, too. Noah shares his personal bumps and jumps and answers lots of questions in a 2h long Q&A session.




2. Seth Godin's Freelancer Course (via Udemy).
Price: 57$
Time: 15 lessons less than 30 mins each, cut into smaller pieces. Very handy. 
I'm stalking all of his blogs and social media. So. Much. Wisdom.
Here is Seth Godin's profile on Udemy for those who don't know the maestro yet:





3. Seth Godin has a few more courses on Marketing on Skillshare,
which I believe are gems too (knowing the author), so I plan to take them soon!
Price: Skillshare charges 10$ per month, you can take as many courses as you wish.




4. A course on GTD (Getting Things Done) workflow method, Tiago Forte
Price: this is Skillshare course as well, so it is included in the 10$/month bill.
Time: 1,5 hours
I took the course because my workflow was a mess, and I was too lazy to read the GTD book. It worked.
UPD. Just checked - THIS COURSE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE :( But I guess let the name stay here for the record.

1 comment:

  1. great list, thanks for sharing! i've been thinking about taking some classes from Noah Bradley for a while and one day I need to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think! Thanks! -Olga